Saturday, April 16, 2011

Abandoned Places










There's just something about abandoned buildings that intrigue me. There's such a romance to silence. I kinda wish there was a place to go to around here that I could take a friend or two just to have a picnic or roam around to find forgotten treasures. I saw a picture of a broken down theater with dust, dirt, and garbage piled up on old seats. I felt the urge to reach into the photo and pick items out of it and dust them off to see what had accumulated. You know that feeling after a day where you get your jeans really muddy and wet, or dusty and dry? I love that feeling of an adventure! makes me want to break into someplace!!!! Whose down for searching out abandoned hospitals, old forgotten amusement parks or broken down schools? I would like to take one of my photographer friends to do a trash the dress segment at one of these locations. EEEEee! the exited girlie me has planted that idea seed! Time to look for images that can water my idea.

8 comments:

  1. I especially love the photo of the ferris wheel, the beauty astounds me. There's something about abandoned places that leave an ever lasting impression on the soul, and that is nothing lasts forever. It's a sad reality that at one point a woman could have fell in love swooping through the air on that old ferris wheel or a child could have learned to read one of those books in that very pile. Abandoned places to me signify lifes true cycle although sometimes I think we forget about the past. It's time to live, love these places, it's as if were paying respect to those who once were here. I know I definately would have wanted that if I was in their shoes.

    Love, Sarah

    I would love to explore with you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you worded that. Nothing lasts forever. The picture of the old ferris wheel with the dinosaur sculpture in front of it just hits a double whammy figurative imagery theme to it. And I agree. It gives me a high to re-live old lives- to kind of carry their names or memories on for a piece of time longer then they would of... Let's go on a date. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i REALLY think you should apply to work for Examiner.com staci! I start this coming week and basically you pick a topic your experienced with (I picked Anthropology) and you write as much as you want about it based on continued involvement in that area of study or topic. You get paid based on your followers and amount of articles a week. I'd be excited to keep up on what you had to say!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Post a link to your first article on here. I'd be interested to see it. But, I rather just blog without any pressure. Just doing this to share a collection of photos I've saved to my computer over the years. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. will definitely and i can make note of your blog if you'd like once i have followers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these pics! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these images are GORGEOUS, I only wished that I knew where to find places such as these to tote 4x5 View Camera back to photograph them.

    I think the appropriate title for these and others like these images should be " TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Shot of some Very Cool PLaces, really like your Work, and you're right, there is something about Abandoned Places and the Bleak and Stillness.

    ReplyDelete